Monday, October 16, 2006

When I was a child, I loved looking at the stars. Life was much simpler back then. I found Carl Sagan's books back in 1995. I fell in love with his poetic way of explaining science. I found out that the universe was much larger than I could imagine. That there are about 400,000,000,000 stars in our Milky Way Galaxy alone and there are billions of such galaxy !! Our planet is situated somehwere at the spiral arm of the Milky Way Galaxy. As Ellie Arroway (Jodie Foster) said in the movie Contact:

"You know, there are 400 billion stars out there, just in our galaxy alone. If only one out of a million of those had planets, all right, and if just one out of a million of those had life, and if just one out of a million of those had intelligent life, there would be literally millions of civilizations out there."


No comments: